|

Sunday, April 30, 2006

I am a big dork. I just learned how to stream old TV shows on the computer. I ran a cord from the audio out jack on the laptop into the VCR and thus through the stereo so I can surround sound myself with bad, outdated science fiction. On demand idiocy, boy am I in trouble.

For those of you following Gourami death match 2006, the Chocolate Plecostimus expired this afternoon bringing the total death count from my fish gone mad to nine. That’s right, the Golden Gourami has taken out nine fish: two Cherry Barbs, six Long Fin Tetras, and the Pleco, all killed over four days in April by one insane fish. I have moved the killer Gourami into another tank with an equally lethal Opal Gourami to let them fight it out blue on gold, ra ra sis boom bah.

I was tempted to feed Mr. Golden Death to the Cichlids out of spite, but wiser heads prevailed. He at least has a fighting chance in this tank, but the Opal has himself killed several Red Eye Tetras, a Red Dwarf Gourami and a Paradise Gourami, so we shall see which Thai fish emerges from this thriller in Manila. Do I really occasionally let my fish fight to the death? Yes I do. It’s something I learned growing up next to Marlin Perkins from Mutual of Omaha (he and his wife lived two doors down from me). I let Steve tag the beasts while I enjoy a cup of freshly brewed Folgers coffee.

I think you can look forward to a summer of weird posts now that I am back in the blogging groove.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home