|

Thursday, May 18, 2006

I made my play with regard to a work thing and I find out tonight if I am A. getting hired back for the summer B. getting hired back with a raise or C. getting laid off due to department dissolution. I have to say that I am more indifferent about this than I should be. If everything goes well my income should be increasing by more than a third for the summer session as I will probably be picking up an extra class in addition to more money per class. If things don’t go well I need to see if Barnes and Nobel has any summer openings left. Either way I don’t get to lounge the summer away. I’ve had a few weeks off and am ready to get back out there.

Last Thursday I got a fairly serious sprain in my side and back during a golf outing. The injury didn’t look bad, but it was excruciatingly painful. Now, one week later, it looks horrible. Apparently when you have some internal bleeding it works its way to the surface of your skin and then follows gravity down the body. I have an ugly bruise the size of my hand stretching from the bottom of my rib cage to the top of my waist line. I look like I’ve been hit there a few times with a baseball bat.

I’ll be thirty-three next Tuesday. I guess I’ll do an evite thing for Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home