|

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I've been thinking about the Taj Mahal. It has a certain resonance at the moment, as I try to sort through my own sense of loss. I love the idea of building something beautiful and inspiring to house the memories of one beloved and lost. I guess in my tiny little way it was what I was attempting by making Karl's urn, although it hasn't nearly the same grandure. I think Karl really loved the idea of being known, and would certainly want to be remembered. I know he is something of a legend to his friends and family in Kirksville, and I imagine wherever it ends up, the bus will be a sort of memorial as well. Sometimes I ponder writing a short story as a memorial - I've tossed about ideas in my head. I think he'd like that. I could self-publish a little edition. I have so many mementos, but nothing monumental, and I just feel like he deserves more. I'll just keep pondering, and maybe take a pilgramage (actual perhaps, but more likely virtual) to India soon for inspiration.... Rest in Peace, Arjumand Banu Begum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home