|

Friday, March 12, 2004

Busy? No time to blog about little things(or big things)? The question is where did I leave off? It’s Friday and I’m at work. I just sent Emily down for a session with Dave, so I’m covering the front desk – generally if I blog at work it’s during one of these – cover for staff moments. Work – it’s registration time so all is crazy here helping students get set up for the next session (which starts April 5th). My end of that is mainly invoicing, so I’ve been knee deep in numbers all week, tuition projections – class caps – that sort of thing. Odd how much math I actually use at work, I never thought I'd use it really and now I'm always fixing someone else's numbers. I hired a new staff person today – interviewed him last week & will start to train him in the store on Monday. It addition to my other duties I manage our retail store. I’m very glad it’s Friday, it’s been an exhausting week. My parents have been in town since Saturday, though I didn’t get to see much of them. They went to my sister Sandy’s when they got in and I assumed they’d be exhausted, so I made the Brad birthday plans instead – I think they would have liked it if I’d come down though. I went to church with them Sunday AM in Imperial – before Aaron’s welcome home party - that could be a blog by itself. They wanted me to go to a Bach concert with them at the Seminary, but took my sister Vick instead as I had the party. They have a motor home and are beginning their yearly trip – This year it’s Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Louisiana, and the gulf coast of Florida, a big loop with National Geographic as their guide - they are going to use me to relay messages to the fam as I ahve a land line and many of the others don't. They are very cute in their motor home. Sunday and Monday they stayed with Vick, Tuesday they went back to Sandy’s, and Wednesday they stayed with me. I got them both massages at the center in the afternoon. In the evening we picked up my nephew and went to Lenten services. After church it was cards & beer in typical family fashion. I spent more time with them in the am as they prepped for their trip, but still it really didn’t feel like we had much time together at all. It took me an hour to write the above paragraph, between phone calls and other demands. I think about what it must be like to have time during the day to read books and I am jealous. It seems to me at this moment that time is a much greater luxury than wealth and wealth is only important as it provides you with more freedom in time.