|

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Trapped at home – I awoke to pounding and drills. I am getting a new garage door and the workmen have made a mess and parked me in. They give it fifteen minutes to let me out, as they have to move the old door out of the driveway, so I’ll do a short blog. I couldn’t put the dog out with them there, so I took a long walk with him and ate up my usual writing and yoga time. My right arm is stiff from more bad bowling, but again we held strong in second place by winning all four games – the lead team is nine games ahead of us though so it seems a stretch to think we could get to number one. Last night we decided that Vanessa will get the silver trophy as she’s been on the team the longest – should we get the silver. Vanessa brought the team candy necklaces to wear, so we were very festive. Yup, my arm is killing me, I really need a midweek practice to get used to this new ball. I had Angela look at this blog yesterday and I think she was expecting something more literary from my writing style, she’s read other things I’ve written that have a much less conversational tone – form dictates function and a journal is all about stream of consciousness. Though in the future I might post some of my more literary aspirations for comment should curiosity abound – or even if it doesn’t – this is after all a vanity project right? Aren’t all explorations of individuality vanity projects?
Insomnia was in the air on Sunday Jen and D – I didn’t go to sleep Sunday night until three am. I watched Life as a House – great Kevin Klein film – very sad – cathartic. So yesterday I was running on fumes and came right home after bowling. I was asleep by 10:30. Perhaps more from work later – must dash now to wrest the car free from architectural entanglements.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home