|

Monday, March 01, 2004

What sort of Blog is this?

I come home and it’s…
I come home and it’s haste
As it often is - like on my lunch hour
I must function the machines
Set the dishes to washing
the cloths to drying
feed the fish
the dog gets a breather of external air
gets to get tangled up with a chair
did someone call? More machines….

Erin calls, it’s six thirty and I’m running late
For the Saratoga lanes – I’m learning to recognize her voice

“Hey, it’s Erin, are you going bowling tonight?”
“Yes, I’m on my way out the door.”
“I have a cashier’s check that I was going to bring in from Chesterfield.”
“Thank you, that’s great, you can leave it in the mail box.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes it’ll be fine, thanks again, I’ve got to go, see you.”
“Bye.”

Did she want to come to the Saratoga? If it’s up to me, she’s not invited.

I bowl like shit – the worst in months – doesn’t matter, we win all four games –we’re in second place overall in the league. Vanessa gets a tenth frame turkey.

Vanessa says she emailed Erin and hopes she’ll respond – surprising– I’m sure Erin will respond, keep me out of it. My sisters both get venomous when her name comes up, interesting to have family close by again that bristles defensively when you are wounded. Both of my sisters view her maliciously.

Several hours later I come home to a large manila envelope with a cashier’s check for $695.00 – I take it straight to the bank and deposit it at eleven pm. I’ll spend it tomorrow on utilities. Erin made good on her debts, a character plus. Closure.

Liz called, Thad wants to move in, he has 425 and needs a place ASAP. Thad is a friend of Liz, which makes it questionable. At work today I walk in and Nada has posted a sign that she is looking for a living situation, she wants to be a roommate. I call her and set up a Thursday meeting to see the place. My boss teases me that the phone call involves all the sales skills I’ve learned from our consultant Jack, this is creepy and I feel intellectually colonized by a sales demon who, “is just helping people get clear about what they really want.” But I want Nada to be clear, as Erin clearly wasn’t. I tell her about the dog & the price tag, as I told Erin. Nada is a level one student at the HAC, she is also a thirty something stand up comic from New York who is moving to San Fran when she’s done with the program. Nada has it in spades over Thad. Nada could be a roommate goddess. Ah well, that’s the update – I am called to slumber now and will share more in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home