|

Monday, March 01, 2004

A stationary feast:

It’s the am after and I’m up early enough to get yoga in. Erica brought veggies to kabob, Brad and V/ John and Karen (there are a number of Johns in my life – so know the John in question by the name he’s paired with) brought brats. Angela and I did chicken. Eleven total in attendance doing stadium seating in the living room for the TV portion of the affair. Anyway there is a ton of food left over and it’s payday – feels for a moment as though the coffers are full. This will of course last but a moment. No immediate solutions on the roommate front so we may have to resort to posting signs at Webster and Wash U. Erica left during the Barbara Walter’s special – very understandable – she doesn’t do awards shows. She would have liked it though, I must say I laughed my ass off throughout the Oscars and the commercials were very funny as well. The Jack Black/Collin Ferril duet was wonderfully over the top. I drank beer all night, something I rarely do, and I feel like a swollen tick on that account, the sodium and carbonation are a bit much. V & T left around six, as T’s paternal grandmother Kit is in the hospital, her heart stopped and it doesn’t look good, more tragedy. Kit was one of the founders of the Girl Scouts in California, when V and J were married and living in Orange I often stayed with Kit on their ranch outside of LA. Kit is in her mid to late eighties. While sad, there are no surprises here. I gave T a pool cue and told him to learn how to use it before he comes back – T is my 17 year old Nephew in from California for the weekend – he will fly back today. Good thing as regards farewells to Kit. At work today I will be a human dynamo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home