|

Saturday, March 20, 2004

Emotional Spring Cleaning on this the equinox:

I think that I’ve stopped cooking for a while. I feel that my desire to cook has wound down. This is not a good sign as cooking is one of the things that I love most in life. It just feels as though I haven’t made a big meal in awhile (what was Saturday if not a big meal Karl?). I’m saving money by not cooking elaborate things. I’m also loosing weight. Last night I warmed kielbasa over a bed of sour kraut and ate in front of my ongoing Soprano marathon – it seemed an appropriate meal (this is only weight loss fair if you’re on the Atkins diet Karl). I left work early on Tuesday as I wasn’t feeling well with allergies etc. and I rented the first tape of the fourth season. I’ve been going back to blockbuster all week and getting more tapes. I just finished the last episode of season four and am at a loss for what to do with my day. I should make coffee.

I have a mountain of laundry to start with and I need to reseal the tub – it’s a “have to do day” in the making. Angela went out bar hopping with work friends last night. I’m still not feeling well enough for that sort of thing, she kept calling from further and further out into the county – the much dreaded donut of whiteness and sameness that surrounds St. Louis – that many people think is St. Louis. No, if your house looks in any way like your neighbors house then you are living in the pop and fresh housing hell of conformist suburbia, not the unique city of St. Louis that I know and love. You’ll be driving along any of the county roads and will see in succession the same series of business repeating like amino acids on a strand of DNA. Starbucks, Dobbs Tire and Auto, Outback Steakhouse, Borders (rinse & repeat). Brad called and wondered if I was coming out, nope. I talked to sister Sandy and even got my niece to say, “Hello uncle Karl, I’m playing horsy with daddy.” She’s very cute.

Last night was a phone night. Steph #1 called from Florida to tell me about the guy she’s been living with for a month, a social studies teacher, and we got caught up. She said, “I keep asking myself why is this so easy when my last relationships were just so much work?” She didn’t know about Glenn or Mary so that was a long phone conversation. We decided against Prince tickets, as they are 75$ each (for the sixteenth row) and that is well out of my price range. Ah well, a flirtation with the concert going of my youth. Last time I saw Prince it was fourteen dollars and I was sixteen years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home