|

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Confession: I don’t really want a roommate. I don’t want to move. I just want to be rich and afford the place in which I live now, the place I love. Is this in the cards? I don’t know. After Erin moved out how many potential roommates have we gone through? Thad, Nada, Andrew, Mark; that’s not really that many. Nada, Andrew, and Mark can’t afford the place and Thad fell in love with Liz, was left in the land of the unrequited when Liz began a thing with the train engineer Chris and so as a consequence I get no roommate. Hmmmm. Perhaps I’ll float and flounder, cut cost etc. and just do this by myself. It’s making a tremendous commitment to live poor in order to live well, an odd compromise. Every home I’ve had has been just that – a home – I can’t wait to get there after work and just be – my place recovers and restores me.

So I am not really upset that I don’t have a roommate. I also got a rejection letter yesterday from one of the schools I applied to teach at. It didn’t surprise me and I don’t feel rejected. I didn’t see myself teaching there and only really applied as an afterthought. I don’t think my life will go in that direction right now, there is something else right around the corner. So I guess we’ll wait a bit and see what that something is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home