|

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

A day, like any other, and what energy have I at the end of it to write about it? Some small amount. Brad just left. We were having gin and tonics under the backyard umbrella following his massage at the center and my movie with Glen. It’s very important that you not drink after massage; that you only drink water. However, as W.C. Fields often observed, the problem with drinking water is that fish fuck in it.

I went to see Dodge Ball, which I can both recommend and suggest that you avoid. The first half hour, maybe even the first forty minutes, are so bad that you find yourself thinking about all the times that you have walked out of a movie – trying to re-establish your criteria for walking out of this movie – you think about what else is playing in the theater, when it started, and if you could enjoy it if you came in late. But the second half of the film is so gut wrenchingly funny that it atones for many sins – my best advice is don’t see it in the theatre, don’t rent it, wait for it to come out on cable and come into it late at a friends house so that you miss the first half and are in no way financially connected to the makers – then you will enjoy it in a realm free of responsibility – form a bond – maybe even grow to love it. When it is good it is very good, but mostly it’s a horrendous film, so I laughed my ass off, which is doubly good as my ass was coming loose anyway.

Now I am drinking a 2001 Haywood Merlot, vintner’s reserve, which is quite fine. It was a birthday gift from one of the crew and I must say an excellent choice. I also just found out about the Monday doctor’s trip for a friend – you know who you are – when people are sick I want to be invited – I’d invite you – grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Ok – I’m just being silly now so I best NPR it – listening to The Connection – Topic: why more men don’t read fiction. Easy answer – why read what you’re livin?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home