|

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Not in a super pensive mood (or maybe it’s uber pensive) and so I have, I am afraid, been neglecting my writing. Work has me running in circles with all of the changes here and I’ve been bringing that same energy home with me. Really since our rummage sale, thank you again Vanessa for you impetus and hard organizational work, I have all of this change energy. I have the basement fairly cleaned out and last night I did five loads of laundry – got the winter cloths sorted and stored – etc. You get the idea. Things are in motion. I keep making trips up to Goodwill with things I didn’t sell at the sale. I’m in a change phase, where a week or so from now I will be a slightly different person in perhaps a more significant way than the usual gradual evolution that we all experience. It feels that way anyway – as though some more substantial shift is in process.

Events:
Ok – so if you’ve been reading related blogs you’ll know that we did Vanessa’s birthday tour of the Missouri wine country & we had a surprise party for her. Then Jen and Dereck were in town Late Saturday until early Monday. We went to gay pride and while there many of our group had readings done by a psychic. This psychic works up the street from me at Mystic Valley and comes with a good reputation for clear and insightful prognostication. While others may be reluctant to discuss their readings, I find that I am not - and perhaps writing about it will help me remember it.

You want details… our troupe of ten revelers, having completed the viewing of the parade and negotiating our next move, decided that drinks were in order. They put me in front like a dowsing rod or a flushing hound, knowing that I was most likely to find the shortest path to the booze. We only had to cut through one occupied display tent to arrive rapidly at that margarita stand. Drinks in hand we found ourselves backed up against the tarot tent. Jen and Beth both sat for readings – ten dollars for ten minutes. Erica had been previously read by the aura sketch artist, and had been pleased with her hour of color-coded advice at mystic valley proper. I listened in on both readings, but will leave them their tales to tell.

Macbeth:

Jen then dropped another ten on her tarot women and insisted I sit for a reading. My psychic did not wait for me to touch the cards, but began to read me as soon as I was in the chair. I had introduced myself as someone who worked at The Healing Arts Center and so she formed some of her read on that introduction I am sure – where she got interesting was in her sense of time and interest. She talked first about my writing and how important it was that I continue with it and that I alter my career so that I can spend more time writing. She envisioned me working alone at a desk – in a business/office of my own.

She took my hands and read my palms – talking about my health and longevity. She didn’t really say anything about relationships, children, or any of that sort of thing. We did several passes with cards and it kept coming up that I need to let go of the past, that it’s done and I can’t do anything about it even if I wanted to. That I feel guilty for things that aren’t my fault and that I have no control over – that my job is very stressful and I should just let go more.

She talked about how I was completing a three-year cycle – my three years back in St. Louis – my soon to be three years at this job – she was bang on there. She talked about how much I have grown over the past few years particularly working through issues of masculinity – she talked about how I do over-think things a bit and should realize that while I am on a spiritual quest – much of what I think I still need to find is in fact already a significant portion of my personality – “You are on both a celtic path and an eastern one. You couldn’t be who you if you hadn’t already answered some of these questions and reached some of the goals that you think you are still pursuing.” OK – several other people heard this reading – what am I forgetting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home