|

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Hmmm. So yesterday I was coving the front desk over the lunch hour while Deby and Ann were away buying yarn (Why are many of the women I know Knitting scarves? Christmas in recession land!) and who should walk in but J. We fired J about a year ago and I haven’t seen her since. She was the last person that we had the “tell the people what you want” conversation with, so she told the people that she was leaving to spend more time with her family, which was true. I think we are telling people that I am leaving to pursue writing professionally. Ah the white lies of the pseudo friendly workplace; half truths at the very least. So I give J. a big hug and tell her what’s up and she says, “You’ve helped so many people here just by being who you are. You have to figure that this is exactly the right thing for you right now.” Just before she came in I was clearly at stage five: hostility. After her hug and sentiments I must say all my anger just went right out the window. I haven’t been able to work up a good temper tantrum since. I just keep laughing at all the B.S. that continues to float in the air around me, like paper shreds lifting off the kindling of newly lit fire. A nice little new age wiggle from a glow eyed kook. J’s either enlightened, schizophrenic or both. She used to describe the entities that she could see hanging around in the building, one of whom looked like a walrus. Kook-ook a chew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home