|

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Is the outlier award getting annoying? Ok, we’ll do one more unless something really odd like the tiger, wrestler, doula thing happens. Today’s outlier award goes to Singapore from an international student taking English 216 via the web at Boise State University. Near as I can tell, and it’s a track back guessing game of interests, we were linked via my brief mention of Futurism the other day (yes, that is the royal we).

My Dream last night: I am back in graduate school and I keep on trying to get to a class I am taking on the characters of Lemony Snicket. I have however been tricked, sort of, and what I am intended to learn comes not from taking the class, but actually by interacting with the characters themselves. I keep running into the characters and ignoring them because I am trying to get to the class – which I don’t realize until later – is about them. Seems sort of obvious doesn’t it. A fear that I might not be meant to return to graduate school to study & teach lit, but that I should instead participate in life to a greater degree than I am, get to know the characters at it were and write about them.

Yoda’s response, “Do or do not, there is no try.”

Gunter, “We don’t care if you go to school, or write a book, or stand on your head. Just do something, cause we are all sick to death of this stagnation.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home