|

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Report:

I have an interview with St. Louis Public Schools for a teaching position tomorrow, I’ve located my transcripts and need to go get a police report on myself tomorrow – an odd thing to need, but when your job comes with its own metal detector I guess it makes sense. I tried to get the report today, but went to the wrong police station. Tomorrow morning is soon enough. I'm am still having some pride issues with returning to waiting tables, perhaps bartending is a good compromise.

Rent is paid through the end of February, M.B. paid me some money she owed me, I returned something I didn’t need and they refunded me in cash. Save your receipts for when you over extend. I didn’t overextend at the party we just had, nearly everything you see in those pictures was provided by my friends – thank you all again for a great party.

See – things are looking up. I think you’re right Michelle, that Atkins sucks, I’m switching to the grizzly bear diet. But our backyard is now permafrost, covered in snow (the rain switched over last night and now it’s been snowing all day), so the dirt will have to come from houseplants. When I saw that snow this morning at eleven (I’m sleeping in still) I knew I was going to have a better half day.

I just got off the phone with Chuck at Treasure Ilse Antique mall and I am opening a six by ten booth on the first of next month – we have a meeting scheduled for Monday to finalize. I like working with people named Chuck. Perhaps I should at long last turn my proclivity for junking into more of a business venture and consider this booth a start in that direction. My concern is that junking was a fad that has hit its peak already. Many of the booths have 20% off signs permanently hung in them. On the other hand my shit is much cooler than theirs is and it appeals to the hipster metro-sexual in all of us. It’ll be sad to see some of it go, but there’s always more where that came from.

Perhaps I should elaborate on that. While I am not exactly liquid in my assets, I have been collecting various and sundry kitsch for many years. I have literally hundreds of things I could sell in the ten to twenty dollar range and a few higher end items as well. More than enough to fill a booth and an antique mall in any case, so perhaps I’ll need to change my moniker as the possessions are finally being asked to pull their own weight. It’s like one of those chase dreams where the demon has almost got you and you think, “Hang on a minute, I’m just dreaming!” and all your fear turns to glee as you about face and take after your nemesis with a big fucking cudgel.

Come here little nemesis, papa's got a brand new bag for you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home