|

Friday, February 11, 2005

Well, Beth and Mary met Vick and I up at Syberg’s. We had cheap well drinks, free Pizza and mustard hot wings. The band was good as cover bands go and when they quit at seven p.m. the girls had a hankering for a new scene, so we split for the Loop and regrouped at Riddle’s to catch The Rockhouse Ramblers – oh for a swing partner cause that rockabilly was happening.

Riddle’s has an astounding menu from which we had portabella mushroom caps, a Mediterranean lentil salad, and chilled trout with a creamy dill sauce. Beth also had the heart shaped mousse with raspberry sauce and I made an Ed Gein joke about her heart that only Mary got – maybe you got it too. I told the “I love your sweaters” story and the “stepping into nothing” story so I was a bit of the raconteur. Sorry, but these are best told live.

Everyone was exhausted by ten p.m. so we did the walk back to the cars. I briefly checked out blockbuster and Jake’s Leg at Cicero’s, but there was nothing I wanted to rent at either location – so home and sleep and book and blog. I’m on the market in junk shops, job fairs, and singles scene’s, but I am not getting credible offers. Ah well. I’ve always been this other kind of person that doesn’t fit. It shouldn’t surprise me that I’m a puzzle piece in the wrong box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home