|

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Today is count your blessings and be grateful day.

After I got the camera from Beth last night and did some bar research with Brad for an upcoming bar related project I got a call from another friend of mine who is going through a personal crises thing that I can’t really talk about. He seriously needed to get out of his house so we made the rounds and ended with an Uncle Bill’s breakfast – mmmm pork chops at 2:30 a.m. Anyway talking with him about his depression and such got me to access my own little personal growth cycle that I continue to spin through and I woke up this morning feeling a little raw.

I’m in this much-needed practical mode (Job fair for restaurant workers this weekend – target fine dining or higher end bartender – rejecting the stress of management positions) so rather than allow the wallow of depression hippo in the self-pity mud I responded to my welshmertz by opening up all the shades and letting the light in. I made the coffee and then took the dog to Forest Park. It’s a beautiful day and I wish I would have gotten the memory card for the camera already because I saw some great potential photographs.

Dog and I did the whole Eastern half of the park from northern corner to southern corner. There were a lot of people out today and almost every person I passed made eye contact and said a very friendly hello. On the basest of base lines we are all so very lucky to be alive. I’m off to treat myself to a matinee of Neverland – take care all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home