|

Thursday, April 21, 2005

I was just thinking yesterday about all the things that have gone wrong for me of late and I was thinking,"Well, at least my computer is still working." No sooner do I think a negative... pow-manifestation. We had a huge storm that came through last night and took out our power. I thought to unplug the computer when the wind first hit, but today when I went to boot... it's dead. I have no idea how an unplugged computer can get tanked by a storm - unless I didn't unplug it fast enough or the very effort to unplug is what fried something.

John is coming over tonight to try and fix it. I am writing this from the U-City library. John talked me through a few possible hardware fixes. I pulled out all my cards and then tried booting with several configurations of cards to see if any one of them might be the source of the problem. He thinks my data is safe and we just need to figure out what is glitching the boot. I am not so sure and fear I may have lost everything.

Not having my computer is like missing a set of senses. I don't know what else to do so I am going to go ride my bike before the next set of storms hits.

I interviewed for the ESL/GED position yesterday - the power went out in the middle of the interview and I had to call her back on my cell. Then I couldn't leave as my car was in the garage and it only opens with power. I spent the night at my sister's... what do you do to change your luck?

I guess I'll check back in tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home