|

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Whew. Just back from another hour and a half bike ride around Forest Park. I think it was a better workout today. Isn’t there something in exercise where you make rapid progress at the beginning of your program and then after a few weeks you hit some kind of plateau that it takes a great deal of extra effort to go beyond? I only had to stop and walk a few times today, probably about half as much as yesterday. I think the course I am riding is eight point six miles. I should drive the part I’m guessing at to satisfy my curiosity.

I got final drafts of two short pieces into a local publication today, which I am not at liberty to discuss further. They are written under a pseudonym, so you don’t get to know more than that. I am helping a yoga friend who is on a speaking tour and I’ve booked him a venue and am handling the local advertising as well.

I also got to play personal assistant for St. Louis Angela today, taking her on some errands and then to work. I played yuppie and had Starbucks and read the morning paper at The Galleria while I waited for the next phase of our errand running. I could be a PA. I also made it up to the Laundromat to get my clothes dry. What about renting a dryer to own? Nah, I’ll find one at a garage sale before too long.

I am thinking about taking two part time jobs such that I would teach GED classes in the a.m. and ESL in the evening and have my afternoons free to blog, nap, and ride around the park. Total it would only be 32 hours, but it’s a start. My contact for both jobs just had a hip replacement so I am having a little trouble catching up with her as she doesn’t work everyday, so keep your fingers yet again crossed.

I filled out my FAFSA today to go back to school, perhaps starting next month. In keeping with my goal to try as many jobs as possible I think High School Teaching might really be next. UMSL has a program where I can get a teaching certification over the summer since I already have my Master’s degree. I am still thinking about Law School. The money is really attractive and I feel bad for saying that, but I really am so very sick of living check-to-check, scam-to-scam, grift-to-grift. I got an email yesterday from Phoenix University trying to get me to do online classes with them. Their marketing piece suggested that the average wage for someone with a Master’s Degree was 72,000. On what fucking planet does that happen?

Jason has offered me an office management position with his Law Firm in KC – so that’s something I’m chewing on as well. I planted about half of the Cannas yesterday and need to grab some more topsoil to finish out the backyard planting. Ok, off to the showers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home