|

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Brad suggested that Beth and I go to this place called Syms that does discounts on brand name designer clothing. I have been shopping there for a few years for shoes and shirts, but I’ve never gotten a suit there. Rock star service. The tailor (that’s right – haberdasher and all) took one look at me and took me straight to the suit that I would eventually buy. We walked right to it among racks of hundreds. He knew my exact shoulder size and waist at a glance. We didn’t get the tape out till we were shirt shopping. I now want to spend all future earnings on clothing with him as my guide – fabulous dresser.

Beth said, “I wish women’s clothing was sold more like this.”

We got there around seven thirty, I picked a suit by eight, he had it marked for alterations and sent into a back seamstress room and I had a tailored suit by 8:30 (our plane leaves at 8:30 tomorrow a.m.) – that is service. My jacket is slightly long in the sleeve and he made me promise to come back in after the wedding to have it properly fitted, as there wasn’t time tonight. It feels good to have a nice suit. It almost makes me want to get a haircut. The shrub on the back of my head might need to get cut back to paige boy.

Post shoeshine I’ve been up half the night grading papers. I’m going to have quite a bit of work waiting for me on Monday, but as of now I am clocked out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home