|

Monday, June 20, 2005

My To Do list is quite long, but not unmanageable. It will take some recovery time before I will be able to tell stories of the weekend. I’ll probably wait until Beth gets her pictures posted to construct some sort of narrative. Suffice it to say that I had a great time and love the Pacific Northwest. Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens were often visible as sentinels on the horizon. They both reminded me of being in the shadow of Mt Fuji.

I did risk a sip of Jason’s signature cocktail (essentially a purple hooter with a float of Champaign), but other than that lip moistener I remain dry as ever – nineteen days and counting. Without liquid courage it took a few extra songs and the coaxing of a few beautiful wedding guests to get me up on the dance floor, but I am learning to walk (and dance) without my usual crutches. I wish I had time to write more, but if I have mental energy I need to direct it toward more consequential and immediate aims so I am off to the old Thomas Jefferson Memorial Library to steep in adolescent psychology. I am in class until after ten so for today, ciao baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home