|

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Maslow’s hierarchy of homework:

You plan to work all day on papers so you start by riding your bike around the park followed by a nutritious breakfast of cereal and overripe bananas, because if you haven’t got your health what have you got? Then you watch part of The Corporation (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379225/) with your roommate MB, because it’s got Noam Chomsky in it. Then fish, dog & cat need food and the plants need to be watered. Of course the dishes and laundry are important because later you will need both clothing and something to eat off of… Then you have your personal constitutional of shave and shower to enervate your blood with flower power.

So now it’s 12:30 and I really am going to spend the rest of all day working on papers. I have two papers due tomorrow and a test to study for. I also have a test Tuesday that I need to watch several hours of video for… watch videos… that’s like homework isn’t it?

I’ve had a lot going on of late midst my studies. I got renewed at my part-time non-disclosure gag-policy shush job for the fall on the same terms, so that’s good for the wallet – and even as I say that, I hope it is clear that I am conveying no information about company X and their actual or hypothetical practices. I am especially not perplexed by the lanyard that I may be required to wear.

I saw Beatle Bob in Blueberry Hill’s Duck Room on Friday night with Eric’s birthday crew. Saturday was my first experience with Chinese Dim Sum with a gaggle of mostly STL bloggers organized by Kat. Thanks again Kat, I had a lot of fun both alacart(sp?) and in the round. We had our collective hands on the throttle of a glass lazy Susan etched with ornate bats from which we spun out won tons and sticky buns to our eleven person tribe with all the zeal of third graders pitching the small kids off the merry go round; rotational ribaldry reigned.

Introductions went along the lines of, “You’re the guy with the bus.” I should start a separate blog for the bus, though until I get it resurrected (if) the blog would mostly be a treatise on Missouri field mice.

The relationship I am in has advanced from the more vague categories of “thing” and “something” to whatever comes next. Does “a whatever” come next? I think we are calling it “good thing” so that must be what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home