|

Saturday, July 23, 2005

We’re having something of a heat wave here in St. Louis. The average heat index temperature has been 110 degrees. When I golfed nine holes yesterday with my sister and nephew it was 109 and it was 111 by the time I got to work in the evening. Other than golf I haven’t gotten any major exercise in since Monday, what with traveling for Jen and D’s wedding, so today I hit the bike trail. It was difficult because I hadn’t been in a few days, but I figured if I didn’t go I might start to lose the habit. Imagine putting your exercise cycle into a sauna and then riding eight miles. Honestly, it was a mistake. I went at ten thinking that it would still be early enough and cool enough. No. I will spend the next several hours in recovery drinking ice water and soaking in a freezing bath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home