|

Friday, July 15, 2005

Ok, you know more about this exercise thing than I do. I did my eight miles again today and I also went on Wednesday. Both Wednesday and today I noticed that the route I have been biking all summer has gotten harder. Why would that be? My first and most obvious thought is the humidity. It’s only 81 degrees out now, but that 80% humidity is a killer. My next thought is that I am still in recovery from Sunday’s accident and I got more messed up then than I thought I did. My right wrist is still hurting and I noticed a bruise on this inside of my wrist this morning that I hadn’t seen before. The simplest explanation would be that I’ve slipped a gear (interpret that how you like – all double entendre is intentional here at Fulcrum Monkey).

I like the scrapes and bruises. None of them are very deep or bad, and they remind me that I used to always be dinged up back when I was a rough and tumble kid. I was always really active and I want to/am getting that back.

I had a bad junk shop experience today. I was over at St. Vincent’s and there was a practically brand new Trek 880 mountain bike for 40 bucks. I went for a walk to try to decide if I wanted it and when I came back fully decided to buy it someone else was walking around the store with it. Shit. “Opportunity is not a lengthy visitor,” Steven Sondheim – Into the Woods. I guess he needed it more. I already have a bike. Still, it was nice and I could have gotten forty bucks worth of fun out of it this weekend. I would have had an extra bike so you could go riding with me. Ah well. It wasn’t meant to be and all that Calvinist predestination crap…

Someone asked me if I’d replaced the big Pleco and I said, “Well technically I had one in the wings in another tank, so it wasn’t really a replacement so much as a promotion.” I do need new fish though. That will be tomorrow’s fun. I have two big tests next week so I want to reread the chapters they cover and then Beth and I got ourselves talked into coming up to the Ville Tuesday night for Karaoke. Beth loves to sing and hasn’t seen the new Dukum yet. It’s been almost six months since I’ve been up, so why not. Ville stalkers, I’ll see you at The Dukum Tuesday night.

What haven’t I told you about? I met a girl the other night who was born where I was born, in New Guinea. Her name is Rachel and she had hippie parents who were there as non denominational missionaries. She is the first person outside of my family that I’ve met with the same birthplace as myself. She runs a quasi political organization locally that is liberal – I am thinking of joining – I think I have joined them. Beth and Angela are already members. I’ll tell you more about it as I’m able, but as I am just getting to know these folks and some of them are bloggers I am not ready yet to fully disclose.

Tonight is work followed by Blueberry Hill and Third Degree Glass Factory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home