|

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I am one of those people who functions better when he has too much to do. I thrive on pressure. Given the freedom of an easy schedule I get nothing done. So, it looks like I’ll be in heaven with my overload of graduate classes. I took fourteen hours over the summer and I just registered for fifteen hours in the fall. I am waiting for a special consent number to grant me my overload. On top of this I will be teaching two to three classes this fall – I am still waiting on my final schedule there and I will be doing some volunteer work/hourly work for Kat’s not for profit.

My five classes are modern grammar, teaching English in the secondary school, teaching reading in the special education environment, an internship at a local high school, and secondary education curriculum. I love school. I need to get my Ph.D. in English, but honestly I am finding all of this education training very interesting. Lord knows I could use a good grammar class. I am actually expecting that to be my most challenging class. Will I get a job offer from the PR firm that makes me drop all this? It would have to be a sweet offer. I am more expecting them to try me out with a little consulting work. Despite the five classes I have Mondays and Fridays open, so I do have lots of flex time available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home