|

Monday, August 15, 2005

Meticular Motion:

My van is not a healthy van. Jes finally convinced me to take it into the garage since the vibration in the front end at highway speed had gone beyond noticeable. I needed two new tie rods in the front end, new battery cables, and my tags are up so I got the Missouri inspection; all that for the low, low price of 380 dollars. I also need axel work to the tune of 240 bucks, and I need it yesterday. The budget is already bruised from the tie rods so I called home to see what the fatherly fix it advice was. Dad had a surprise for me.

My father and one of my uncles knew that I was in the market for a motorcycle and so they talked a shoestring relation out of a Suzuki 850 with only 14,000 miles on it. It hasn’t been turned over in several years so they spent today getting the rust out of the gas tank. You can’t argue with the price, they got it for free. The trade price was removing it from a garage. I have to help work on it a bit when I go up and then drive it home from Wisconsin. I’ve decided to go up for Labor Day and bring it back, if it’s fully functional by then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home