|

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Gifts:

Thank you Michelle!!! Your Jello brain, pop rocks, and smarty candy came in the mail!!! You are so sweet. The brain you got is a cross section brain and the one I am missing is a top view, so if I ever have the both together then we can do a full anatomy lesson before getting drunk on the doctored Jello (simply replace the water in the recipe with vodka). I’ll make a few for Jason’s Halloween and house warming party next month. Do you think the brains will make the trip across the state to KC? I’ll need to get one of those organ donor coolers to transport them in. I could do two halves with the new mold and then assemble them later. Oh, the possibilities are endless.

Games:

I play a number of odd games and I am constantly looking for new ones. Today I played the ride the mini bus game. I’m like a little kid in that every morning when I take the train into school I feel like I am waiting for a ride, as though I were on the Wild Safari Tram at Bush Gardens Florida. I’m not one of those people who has trouble taking pleasure in small things. I am all about the small things.

I don’t need to ride the UMSL mini bus, as the metro link train takes me where I need to go, but I just felt like taking a ride between classes and I was curious. The driver took us into every nook and cranny of the south campus before launching across Natural Bridge to the main library. He was into knowing the names of all the passengers and said personal hellos and goodbyes to many of the passengers.

Crystal, who sat next to me, is getting married soon and can’t pick a career. She’s good in biology, but is afraid of the required biochemistry class. So much so that she wants to switch majors. She’s always wanted to be a massage therapist (how do these people find me?). Her fiancé told her that he’d love and marry her even if she were a garbage collector and her parents will support her in whatever she does. Strangers like to talk to me about their lives. Perhaps I should have gone into analysis.

We were standing room only on the mini bus by the time we docked. I wasn’t exactly where I needed to go, but everyone else was getting off so I took it as good enough. I was close to the math building – I play this game in the math building where I sit in on math classes in the math lab to use the computers. I am playing this game right now. There’s a red flag on a yellow pole on my desk like a flag for a golf pin and it’s lying down on a hinge like a rural mailbox marker. If I have any trouble with the math assignment that I’m not doing for the class I’m not taking then I can raise the flag and the teacher will come over and not help me. It’s like hide and seek without the seeking. It’s more like hide and blog.

Food:

My parents gave me a few buckets of tomatoes last month and I am not a huge tomato eater. I gave half of them to Mary and then I decided to make salsa out of what I had left before it went bad. Unfortunately I made it way too hot for most people (Jes). So I went and bought more tomatoes last night to mellow the concoction – then instead I just made a milder batch. I had no idea the gold I had been given by the rents. It cost me six bucks to equal half of what I’d used in the first batch. Now I will follow Vicki and “can” the lot of it. I figure on giving some of it to friends who will either eat it or let it go bad in their refrigerators. I’ve got a hot and a medium so let me know what you want, if you want any. I’ll bring a bunch to your cast party on Saturday Mary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home