|

Friday, January 06, 2006

I am blogging from Jen’s house in the ville. Mary and I got a wild hair and drove up yesterday to get a little out of town time before school resumes. Jes was busy this weekend with a fundraiser and so couldn’t join us on this little jaunt. Bob myself and a few others went and saw King Kong last night. I must say I hadn’t been planning on seeing it in the theater but it really was quite over the top on the spectacle front. I may even see it again. Bob is going to do a de-Kong-struction of the movie for the Miami Film and Literature conference. We did a roundtable on the five major allegories and have decided that is an ur text with linkages on a par with Finnegan’s Wake. It’s been a good lead in to the weekend with numerous friends joining us for food and drinks at Il Spazio and The Dukum. We had breakfast at Northtown Café and sat a booth away from local celebrity Rhonda Vincent – who is also a relation of BJ’s. – a cousin I think. B.J?

Anyway, we had coffee at Royce and Devon’s through the afternoon and then met The Ville Literary Society up at the Dukum for Pork Tenderloins and three full tables of conversationalists. Tonight we will be playing marathon poker with a different group of friends here at Jen and D’s– or an overlapping group of friends. Kat asked me why I was going to the ville. I have run into people I know all over town and actually had someone pull over to shout, “Meet you at the bar later!” Small town life for nine years and you end up knowing a fair chunk of the community. Jen wants to trim my hair so I’m off to get my pre poker game trim. Hope you are easing out of the holidays with much aplomb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home