|

Saturday, February 18, 2006

So what… I am sitting here on the couch, on the laptop, wondering what I am going to do with my day. I’ve just been surfing around the web and watching animal planet shows on the TV. I have a four-day weekend and I have lots of grading and life stuff to do, but a man needs time off as well. I have a lot to ruminate on. Jes is out being interviewed by her high school newspaper – they are doing a story on her as a person who has given a great deal back to her community – that’s cool isn’t it.

Yesterday I went to a job fair for teachers and had some interesting experiences. It was quite a meat market and depressingly crowded. I waited in long longs to glad hand the indifferent recruiters – most of whom simply encouraged online application. My big plan was that there was a greater demand for high school teachers than college teachers, but it is definitely still an employer’s market. I guess I shouldn’t talk about any specifics but I got about six good leads on jobs for the fall. Two of them, the best two, are not in St. Louis. They are in surrounding communities. We are talking about the pros and cons of moving out to the country. We could get a few acres and have horses. Jes knows how to train English style. She wants Clydesdales. We can afford that, right?

Everything would be a great deal cheaper in the country. I was reminded of that during our last visit to the ville where eating out and groceries were close to half of what we are accustomed to paying. We would actually be closer to my ville friends if I got the better of these two jobs. We would be further away from our St. Louis friends and family, but not outrageously so (think wineries). I like city living. I like country living. Either is really fine.

I don’t like the idea of another move in the same year that we get married, but this apartment is a little small.

Short attention span theater: Vicki likes weather reports and today’s sucks. It is currently five degrees out, but with wind chill it feels like negative thirteen. I had been planning on going to the dog parade tomorrow as part of the Mardi Gras kick off festivities, but if it is still this cold I think I’ll have to pass. I can’t decide. It starts at ten so we could do a breakfast here at eight thirty/nine and then all go over together. We were also thinking about having poker sometime this weekend. BJ is in town for his mom’s birthday, so it kind of depends on their schedule whether or not a game happens. Anyway, whatever I am going to do I need to get on with it. Let me know if you all are still thinking dog parade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home