|

Monday, May 01, 2006

I've been waiting for the post internship crash and it hit last night
at 6:30. I fell asleep on the couch, woke up long enough to move to
the bed and slept right on through until 7:30 this morning. I know
Chris sometimes does sixteen hours at a stretch, but thirteen is
pretty good for me.

I had several dreams, one of which involved roasting rabbits to make
Spanish paella. I have all these memories of de-boning the rabbit with
my cleaver. I dreamt I was back in school and I couldn't get my
schedule right so I was missing classes and falling behind – classic
anxiety dream manifesting my uncertainty about how to spend my summer.
Then I dreamt our wedding reception, there was band instead of a DJ
and everyone was enjoying them, but no one danced. That dream was
about feeling older.

We're going to rent the whole Bevo Mill (you have the option of just
renting half, but it's only two hundred extra to rent the whole thing,
so why wouldn't you) and our tour guide was telling us about how nice
it was to have the music downstairs so that the younger folk can dance
and the older folk can have more of a family reunion upstairs. I think
the dream was a reflection of that conversation.

It might seem out of character now, but I used to love to go dancing.
For most of my twenties I went dancing three nights a week or more. I
was young and thin and would dance on the stage part of the club and
look like I belonged there. Jes has been telling me that I need to
teach her how to swing dance before the wedding so that we look like
we know what we're doing. I was thinking we could back into swing from
Latin and I should take her to Club Viva to Salsa.

I was just a good deal wilder in my early twenties than I am now and I
both miss it and am relieved. Now I sleep for thirteen hour stretches
and walk the dog, here begins the long slide into Floridian slippers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home