|

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Does food ever talk to you?

Right now I am marinating these tilapia filets in orange and ginger. I’ve invited our landlady and her mother over later. I just went up to the filets and asked them how they would like to be served and they told me, “Serve us on a bed of white rice made in the steamer that you got for your wedding.”

I asked them, “Are you sure you’ll have enough flavor to carry the rice?” They said, “Yes, we’ll be very rich. You are slow cooking us on those red oak grill planks, with orange slices on top and the zest of the orange will sharpen on top of the rice – you’ll need the rice for the flavors to separate on the palate.” I’m sure they are right.

Food tells me when to put it on and when to take it off. It comes and gets me from very involving parties at just the right moment. I ask it if I have missed my calling and it tells me that life is long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home