|

Sunday, March 21, 2004

I am beginning to think that I generally move about the world in a perpetual state of exhaustion. In the same way that we often define a thing by what it is not, on Sundays I am not exhausted. I am well rested and clear of mind. On Sunday I feel more me than I do during the week. So what did I do with this day of clarity? Angela and I made corn beef hash from potatoes and left over corn beef. We had fresh ground coffee with Baileys in it and then switched to gin and grapefruit. We watched the Bruce Willis film Bandits, which was fine Sunday fare and then Vanessa came over. The three of us went furniture shopping at a high-end outlet store in Kirkwood and then we tried to get a late lunch at Bevo, but were repelled by a private party. We ended up going to Copperman’s in the West End where Vanessa bought us lunch, and then Angela and I came back here to nap. I ordered smoked chicken wings and got this plate of full size chicken wings – not the little bite size ones you normally get, with BBQ on the side for dipping – mmmmmmm.

After chilling out at the house for a bit I took Angela home, she lives behind a Borders so after I dropped her off I went and browsed. I also went to Linens & Things, World Market – bought a bottle of wine to have with the Sopranos later, & Pets Mart. I ran into a girl from the ville in Pets Mart and I have no idea how I know her, she saw my picture in St. Louis magazine and asked if I was still at the HAC – which had me wondering if I knew her from there or where. Don’t you hate that when your memory fails you? I felt like a jerk so I made a quick exit and speaking of quick exits I need to go if I’m going to make the start of the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home