|

Thursday, May 13, 2004

So, some of the readership, several of the readership (so you don’t feel alone), have weighed in on the new template. Most say no and seek a reversion (generally for reasons of visual clarity). I must contemplate this, as I do like my sleek and dotted world. Options: I saved the old template, so I could do a full reversion. I could run two blogs with the same posts and aesthetic appeal could govern your viewing habits. I could try a Hegelian synthesis and find some third prototype with shared benefit and no woe – that seems the easiest prospect-but you will have to wait for that until after my mini-break. I am off to the Ozarks for the weekend for my pre party. Soon I will be thirty-one.

You might feel condescending about my age, but you’re in the minority, 80% of the world’s current population is under twenty-one. Do you want another demographic mind expander? Given exponential population growth, there are more people alive now than have lived. “What do you mean?” If you take recorded civilization to be about seven thousand years old, and you add up everyone who lived and died over the past seven thousand years in every civilization on the planet, there are more people sucking air now than have sucked air & died all added together. There’s a mind expander for you. Also, given dispersion rates of oxygen you can pick your favorite person (a historical Christ, one of the Kahn boys, Katherine The Great or any one of her horses) and you can figure in every breath you suck some of the air they sucked. It’s like an oxygen gangbang with all the figures of global history present at every inhalation. If statistics isn’t going to help me win the lottery I’ll be damned if I can’t have some fun with it.

Deby thinks there is something very wrong with me, thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home