|

Thursday, October 21, 2004

I had a very cordial meeting with Tom today in which he let me know that it was Deby’s plan that I should leave and he was jealous of my freedom. Sabrina refused to take my picture off the web site until I was really gone. My response, “The fat lady is warming up Sabrina.” Deby had earlier assured me that it was Tom who wanted me to go. Ah the double speak of the salary savers. Vickey, “You’re leaving? But don’t you, like, do a lot of work around here?”

In the second half of the week several things happened with the building, with some of our venders, etc. that I attempted to teach other people how to handle and I was greeted by numerous blank stares. We are officially into the “what were we thinking?” portion of the program. Today Deby said to a third party, in front of me, with an exhausted look on her face, “Well, he’s going to come back. He’s going to have to.” These people are nuts. “You aren’t going to change your phone number are you?” “No, but I’ll probably be at work at some other job and won’t be able to take your call.”

Cue Supertramp:

Right. You’re bloody well right. You got a bloody right to say… me I don’t care anyway… Honestly, she keeps coming up to me with various scenarious involving what might happen in the clinic or in some workshop and I have to look at her like she is certifiable. Hello, you fired me, not invested, marking time, hello?

I know you don’t like Supertramp, but I do, no really I do! I used to have it all on cassettes, even the solo albums – Eye of the Storm and all that.

Had a dream, I was born, to be naked in the eye of the storm, but that’s not a place you want to be, sleeping with the enemy, you know…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home