|

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Lurker is the widely accepted mostly neutral term for people who read a blog, but don’t comment or otherwise engage via email- etc. With an average of 120 hits a day (170 today) I have developed a lurker readership, which is nice. That’s part of the point of writing – to reach an audience. It’s a mild hobby of mine to find out more about the people who know so much about me since this is such a confessional medium.

Maureen drops in from Virginia, there are a ton of people in Kirksville, Michelle in Seattle must open my page at home and then leave it up while she goes to work as I don’t think there are eight hours of reading to be had here, I think that’s Doug in New York, I’m not sure on the Kansas readers, I think some of the Canadians are Christine’s relatives. There are lots of lurkers who I know by ISP, but Japan, The Philippines, Ireland, etc. that’s all just random. Sometimes the stat counter helps in my inquiry, but the data is limited and helped along mostly by guessing. Lurker Bridgett, are you from Millstadt Illinois? Sorry I keep missing you in the chat room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home