|

Monday, March 21, 2005

Ok kids – this blog is all about memory lane so here we go

Summer graduation from Truman 1997

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Kelly’s, then Jed’s, then my, then BJ’s roommate Angela (who has vanished), BJ, myself, and a distracted Angela B.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Angela B and I at graduation BBQ at the Normal Street house. I think my mother is showing Angela childhood pictures of me to complete the meet the folks at graduation cliché. Judging from the color of the label and the inference that my mother is near by, I am going to guess that I am drinking a Leinenkugel’s Honey Weiss.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


My parents got me a large beer for graduation - it had one of those latch tops like Grolsch does and was covered with scenes from the life of Martin Luther – that about sums up my life doesn’t it. I think they bought it at Sam’s Club. (Chris, I am wearing an original “Beer is not just for Breakfast Anymore” shirt from the opening of the Schlafly Tap Room brewpub in downtown St. Louis.)



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A visit a few years later – not sure on the timeline, but that’s the house Beth and I lived in on Washington. Only the left hand chair has been recovered from that horrible green, so my guess is 1999.The open book on the table is Hopscotch by Julio Cortazar so I would have been in Joe’s Latin American writer’s class which Missy sat in on even though she had graduated which means Fall of 1999, but I seem to recall that Angela bought me a tiki shirt with the following pattern:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

– so that implies birthday perhaps in the spring of 2000.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home