|

Sunday, May 29, 2005

I got up early yesterday and tackled a project. I’ve been wanting to excavate this brick path that I guessed was under about two inches of dirt in the backyard. I didn’t take a before photo, but here is the after shot.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I also dug out an area between the properties and planted many, many Canna. I went for long walk afterwards to The Loop and I didn’t take my cell phone with me. I did take my camera so maybe I’ll post some neighborhood pictures. U-city has taken the lion as its symbol so there are big cats aplenty in various official and more whimsical statuary.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We feed them on a steady diet of Scientologists that we keep housed in this former Masonic temple.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


I think I got the job I was applying for. When I got back to the house there was a message on my cell from my boss-to-be that offer letters were going out next week and he’d talk to me then. At no point did he say, “You’re hired!” But he’s been acting like I had the job since we first met. So I am going to conclude that one of the offer letters going out next week is an offer of employment for me. They have a teacher who lives in an RV with a dish on top. He drives around the country teaching from his laptop. I could handle that.

I have a tee time today at 2:15, but as the clouds roll in I’m thinking that we are rained out.

I wrote a draft of the ceremony for Jason’s wedding yesterday.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My car is working because of an ancient secret technique that I learned from an old roommate. If your starter is wearing out then your solenoid is not constantly making contact. If you hit the casing with hammer then you can move the position slightly to allow contact and ignition. I am now driving with a hammer. I’ll hammer in the morning. I’ll hammer in evening. I’ll hammer out danger. I’ll hammer out a warning. I’ll hammer out love between my brothers and my sisters all over St. Louis!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home