|

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Here I am again in the UMSL library. I didn’t end up going home yesterday until after class so I was on campus for ten hours. I am up to twelve hours for the week in this library and I’m sure that number will jump to eighteen by the end of the day. I have a good sixty pages of critical theory to read and two short papers to write before five.

Angela and Beth were just getting into town yesterday when my class let out so I zipped over and picked them up. UMSL is five minutes from the airport. I’m sure they will both be writing about their trip so follow the links in the sidebar to see how it was (subtle pressure to get them posting).

Yesterday was one of those leave the house before eight and not home again until after nine days. I went right to sleep. I have the feeling that I have a lot more of those days in store. Next block (starting June 13th) I will be taking two classes and probably teaching one, so I will really have no life.

My fingers are covered with liquid nails residue as I did a flooring repair for Angela this morning. I have this long application to fill out for my internship and I have really been resisting doing it. It’s six pages long and I am supposed to go up to Kinko’s with the finished draft and make five copies; three on yellow paper. What a pain in my ass. I was having coffee this morning in St. Louis Bread Company trying to finish it and I get to a page requiring a personal statement. I said, “Oh my fucking Christ” out loud to the amusement of my fellow patrons and put the damn thing away.

I can’t get into the lung clinic until June 2nd so we will be waiting a bit to see if I am indeed a Typhoid Mary. Ok, back to the world of Cornell West and Paul Freire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home