|

Monday, June 27, 2005

A few days ago a woman my age gave a presentation in my psyche class in which she read three selections from her diary. The class was to deduce what stage of adolescence she was at based on the content of the diary readings. In one passage she referred to Madonna as a woman she admired. In reflecting on my own adolescent relationship with Madonna I recalled the sixth grade. The principle’s son Mat was dating the scientologist’s daughter Shelly and he bought her that Madonna first album for Valentine’s Day. Shelly could often be seen reading Dianetics and trying to decide if she was an alien, when not with Mat of course. Anyway, since my little trip down memory lane I find myself constantly singing Borderline. If it keeps up I feel like I’m going to lose my mind. That presentation keeps on pushing my love over the borderline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home