|

Friday, June 24, 2005

I’m going to bitch a little bit more, but before I do let me just say that I tend to do a little better when I am just a little bit pissed off. I just went down to the loop and got a three-day a week bartending job. I start Monday. It’s fine if I fail this first psyche test because I can drop my lowest test score and I will ace the remaining three tests because I will have been able to buy the book with my bartending money.

I have been paying on this open casket computer since 2001 and I still owe 125 dollars on it. The computer is on a desk that is actually a hollow core door balanced on two bent cheap cabinets on which the drawers will not open. I did not buy the door. Paul gave it to me when he moved out of our kville pad. There are two dressers in my room. My parents gave me one of them in high school and the other one is my grandmother’s. She gave it to my sister Sandy, but her husband Steve didn’t like it, so now I have it so that the set stays in the family.

There are three bookcases in my room with two layers of books on each. I bought the books but the bookcases were left behind when Paul moved out. I used to sleep on a futon that my high school friend Nate gave me. I bought the mattress in 1991. I gave the bed to my nephew recently as I have been sleeping on a queen bed that Paul left behind when he moved out. I had given the bed to Erica, but she left it behind when she moved out. I slept in it with broken slats for about a year until I finally decided to fix the frame one weekend.

My dad gave me the chair I am sitting in and the other bookcases in the room also came from him. I bought my TV, my stereo, and one of my fish tanks. The other two tanks were gifts. The barstools around the bar, the microwave, the couch, the rug under the dining room table, the washing machine, and the TV stand were all gifts. I bought the dining room table, the oak library table, and I acquired the bar from a condemned building at three in the morning during a heavy rainstorm.

My point is that most of the things that I own are ghetto hand-me-downs left behind by former roommates or the gifts of friends and family. I am a thirty two year old dead beat who has never been able to get it together. At this late date, what are the odds that I ever will?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home