|

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Blah, I am waiting for a class to start in a computer classroom here at UMSL. I am living in the land of burnout and trying not to just totally abandon all hope. I’m fine, but I’m also slightly on edge. I gave a half an hour presentation today on adolescent depression, self mutilation, and suicide. That’s always a good mid-semester pick me up.

Do you want to see the power point? I love power point. I got to put pictures of Angelina Jolie and Fiona Apple in my lecture to jazz up the slide on celebrity self-mutilation. I even used the razor blade pun that celebrity mutilation is double edged – it raises awareness while at the same time potentially popularizing self-harm. You can groan, but my peers will remember more of what they heard.

At home I’ve gotten most of the plants in. I’ve got one large monster that I have yet to pick an inside place for – not everybody fits in their old digs as some of my plants doubled in size over the sauna summer that was. I’ve mailed mom her 74th birthday present. Alan’s getting a builder Bob Duplo truck for his third birthday on the first. Ah well, the class is upon me. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home