|

Thursday, October 27, 2005

I had a few weeks at the end of my summer term where I was insanely busy. I had to make a schedule that included all aspects of my life. This entire term has gone that direction and only promises to get worse. I am scheduling everything including down time – “during this hour I will eat and watch an episode of The West Wing in order to clear my mind”.

I thought I might make a shift in my educational program, transferring to a different school. Thinking that now is akin to a kayaker in the shoot of the rapids thinking about hiking up a nearby mountain, as Mary told me, “You have to finish the game you are playing before you can start a new one”.

I’m just going to have to worry about that Ph.D. later because right now the focus is in surviving and enjoying what I am doing. I am enjoying myself, but my latent perfectionism is taking a few hits. I haven’t made time to keep up with grammar and so my A in that class has fallen to a B – yes I have become one of those people. I’ve maintained a four point in my subject area and the threat of B is an itch I can’t scratch at this point – ah well – one dent in the Kayak won’t kill me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home