|

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Blah, I just took the mini-bus from south to north campus and back again. I am car sick from reading on the bus. My ten question grammar take home final took me all of last night and most of the morning. I just handed it in and I am killing time waiting for my ride to a campus tour of a HS that is interested in hiring me for next fall. I have several papers that I am behind schedule on but the instructor arranged the tour so I don’t think she’ll mind if I get them in later. I also think that at this point in the semester apathy is a-creeping in on me. I am debating between dining out for life with friends tonight and getting back to work on the endless papers. Meal or work, you make the choice.

It is frigid in St. Louis today, so much so that I broke out my silly coat. My silly coat came to me from my father after he decided it was too silly for him. He got it from my sister V who makes odd purchases from time to time. It’s an oilskin duster from Australia. I have the perfect image for you of what I look like in this coat. If you know Japanese animation, it makes me look like Vampire Hunter D (except it is brown).

If that reference is lost on you, but you are well versed in the filmography of Tom Selleck, then the coat makes me look like Quigley down under. It even has those leg straps for horse back riding in the rain on a beach with banditos after you….they want your papers – bad banditos – if I can just reach the cliff and jump like Butch and Sundance…. Or am I a bandito chasing the federals with my papers… I dreamt my nose was a faucet… where is Faye Dunaway? Sorry, I slipped through Butch and Sundance into Little Big Man. I have just come to a great and powerful conclusion about my life: I need better drugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home