|

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Jen asked for a moving update. Jes and I started taking truck and van loads over early in the week in between papers and tests. By Wednesday we had most of the living room, everything from the guest room, and half of the dining room moved just doing one or two trips a day. I am trying to compartmentalize tasks by thinking of them in terms of rooms and I have so much stuff that I wanted to clear a staging area by cleaning out the main floor first.

Yesterday Brad and I made only two trips over but we got all the books packed, which is a lot of books, and the bookcases moved. We also moved one of the fish tanks and my festive Saran wrap trick worked great. Essentially what’s left is this computer, clothing & fabric in general, two fish tanks, dressers, bar, kitchen stuff, washer, dryer, dishwasher and dog. I took most of the sectional couch (we kept the sleeper section for guests) to goodwill and they wouldn’t take it. So it went to Missouri Council for the Blind instead. It’s sort of funny to have your stuff turned down by goodwill.

The new place is very cute. The neighborhood reminds me of Philadelphia and we are just around the corner (practically less than walking distance) from a great Pizza bar called The Blackthorn Pub. They have Guinness on tap and a shuffleboard table. Honestly they remind me of the old Dukum. Our deep dish pizza took fifty five minutes to make and was well worth the wait. I haven’t had pizza that good in several years. I like the new neighborhood very much! Ah well, back to packing and thanks for asking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home