|

Friday, February 24, 2006

The hidden cost of city living:

So…. I’m in shock. I just went out back to hop in the van and go rent a movie. No VAN!!! My car was stolen at some point between five and eight. The police just left. I asked him my odds of getting the car back and he said, “Well, considering a ten year old could steal it with a screw driver I figure it was kids out joy riding. If you’re lucky they just drive it till they run out of gas.” He then showed me a page and a half of single space small print and said, “These are all the cars stolen from this area in the last seven days.” There’s no broken glass where it was. My brief case is in it with my academic life in it, all my planning for the semester, all my text books. I should have bought one of those clubs. I figured it was safe IN MY FUCKING DRIVEWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home