|

Friday, February 24, 2006

I used to be a night owl. For most of my life I did my best work in the early hours of the day. This is still true, only now I have to get to those early hours from the opposite direction. Instead of staying up late, I am in bed before ten and then up between four and five. I keep making plans to grade at night after a full day of teaching and running life errands. Obviously this sort of planning does not end with a mind clear enough for fair grading. This is my preferred rationalization for putting grading off until the morning – if I am not clear headed how can I be a fair evaluator? Like all good rationalizations there is a shred of truth there.

Problems with my current lifestyle tend to be of the relationship variety in that I am often asleep before Jes gets home and I am gone by the time she wakes up.

Attention span break:

So this weekend is the big Mardi Gras. I have a month left on my no-drunk meds so there will be no big bender for me this year. I hear they are cracking down on public urination anyway, it’s a five hundred dollar fine or up to a year in jail depending how grievous your excreting is. I imagine the trespassing piss will have the highest price tag. And there is the bell to start my day – later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home