|

Monday, December 11, 2006

I apparently have a new winter hobby. I have been slow cooking chickens. Yesterday I made a chicken soup which I began at noon and we ate ten p.m. I should post the dumpling recipe as they were both simple and delicious.

In a Cuisinart combine two pieces plain white bread with one cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Blend
Add 1 and ¼ cup flower, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt
Blend
And ½ cup milk and four tablespoons of melted butter
Pulse into ball of dough
Use table spoon to divide – roll into dumplings – simmer in soup 12-15 minutes with lid on.

Tonight I am making this Brazilian stew with a cup of cilantro, two tomatoes, three hot peppers, two onions, and four cloves of garlic. You get the picture. The main idea is to simmer it until the chicken falls apart and then add two cups of coconut milk and a cup of finely chopped peanuts (I used the coffee grinder), then simmer it some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home