|

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Through the miracles of modern high finance The Healing Arts Center now has a new bank. “What does this mean to for me and my life?” you might be asking yourself. It means that there is now a new deposit book and a new stamp for checks in the front desk drawer. The deposit slips are essentially the same as the old ones, but they do not have a space to subtotal checks (which we hadn’t been doing for that long anyway). Should you have any questions about this new deposit book, please let me know.
“How will this change Karl’s life?” Well, since you asked, I no longer have to get out of my car to make a deposit. The new bank has one of those cool vacuum tubes, where you put the deposit in the plastic missile and send it on its air cushioned way. Very few banks still use this system; an innovation of the 1970’s, which, like the extended car wash that moves your vehicle through a series of multicolored soaps, whirling brushes, & leather shamies and the drive in movie theater, still hold for me a certain zeitgeist from the shimmerings of my youth. (I once took a date to a carwash, at the time she was nonplussed, but now she’s told the story so many times that in retrospect “I guess it was pretty cool” (and the rhetorical mileage continues to accrue).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home