|

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Fuck, where do I come from. What I mean by that is that sometimes I can be so good on the fly. I aced a preliminary interview for a restaurant job today with hiring firm that staffs four high-end restaurants. They have medical, dental, and 401k for their staff. Leslie tells me that Jim will call me back tomorrow to schedule the sit down.

I’ve always loved working in restaurants – there’s something in my nature that clicks with helping people have a good time and in a tipped profession at high end service it’s possible that I will work far less and make far more than I did at my last job – it’s also astounding that they have such a financial safety net for their employees. But it’s not about the money, it’s about getting a little momentum going again and doing something I’m good at will be good for my self-esteem. Cross you fingers kids, I could use the luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home