|

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Well, once again we have John to the rescue. I have a new hard drive and have spent much of today repeating the reinstallation drama of a few months ago. I can’t get service pack two to install, but at this point I am not sure that I care. We’re still not sure if my data survived. Later in the week we will install some new cables so we can make my old hard drive into the slave of my new master drive. Currently they can’t both be hooked up. It looks like the theory that the lightning caused power surge tanked part of the boot sector of my fallen drive is correct.

I am oddly worn out. It might be the shift in weather as it is so very cold out right now. Some of my forever students have a band and are playing in town tonight and I am frankly too zonked to go. Also the cash is a little thin. I think a nap is in order. G-night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home