|

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Ouch, for reasons unclear to me I slept until eleven today. It’s been many months, if not years, since I’ve done that. I did get a great deal of sun yesterday. The BBQ at Nick’s was a really good time. I took him an ice dolphin, which always makes a good impression and helps to keep the watermelon cold. We did, as promised, spend much of the afternoon throwing washers and getting to know one another. He’s living the early twenties bachelor life that even Kevin, a young twenty seven, was looking at with nostalgia.

As the evening wore on the crowd started getting both younger and drunker so when they hit their third bottle of Jager I decided to skip out on the second half of the shindig. One can only watch the fun for so long and my washers (if you don’t know washers, think low rent horse shoe toss) skills have gone to shit. I drove Angela out to Chris and Vanessa’s in St, Charles. We walked down to historic St. Charles along the Missouri river and had BBQ and Indian food from tents. I went to taste of Clayton the other day with Brad and really was perplexed by both the prices and the people. St Charles must be more my social milieu as the biker bars and cheap food are much more to my liking. My seven bucks went a long way – food, a drink, and a CD.

Angela has some friends in a band that played mostly covers, I never caught their name. After they were done we were surprised to see Gumbo Head (the CD I bought) starting up in the main tent. We got to swing dance to Zydeco. I was teaching Vanessa a few new steps, and she was perplexed that I knew the words to some Clifton Chenier song well enough to sing along while we were dancing. Love me some Zydeco. Maybe I’ll take a Clifton CD over to their BBQ today for them to burn.

I have chicken marinated in a Mango BBQ sauce that I think Jen brought me from New Orleans. The ice dolphin is ready to go and I was thinking I might marinate some sliced eggplant in steak sauce and soy. If I am going to do that I need to get on it. Maybe I’ll even whip up a booze free Jello brain. Hope you’re all well and having a good fourth. Now be a good kid and go light something on fire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home